How to Nominate a Business Leader as one of our Next Laureates
The nomination deadline is December 1st of each year. Nominations are open year round and can be submitted at any time. To help, we have created a Nomination Best Practices document, that will support the building of a strong nomination.
As the Laureates are put forward as examples for the students who participate in Junior Achievement, it is expected that those chosen for this honour will be worthy of selection as role models to youth. This is a lifetime achievement award and should consider contributions over an entire career. Attributes appropriate to a Business Hall of Fame Laureate are outlined on the nomination form however it is important that the 2 committees ensure they take the following into consideration:
- Laureate Nominees should be held in high regard by their colleagues in the community and should demonstrate strong personal and professional ethics.
- The overall reputation of the individual in relation to the integrity of Business Hall of Fame is measured in the selection of a candidate.
- To be recognized by his or her business or profession as having made an outstanding contribution to the success of the business or profession; or
- To have demonstrated in his or her business career entrepreneurial spirit and to have a record of outstanding entrepreneurial achievements; and
- To have demonstrated effective leadership, not only within his or her own organization but in the community; and/or
- To be considered a role model for future generations of entrepreneurs and business leaders, as well as others in business.
Please download and review the Nomination Best Practices document to support to building a strong nomination package.